Saturday, June 27, 2009

Johnny Depp's accidental island

Johnny Depp's accidental island
Johnny Depp accidentally bought a Caribbean island.
The 'Public Enemies' actor - who has two children, 10-year-old Lily-Rose and Jack, seven, with girlfriend Vanessa Paradis - splashed out on the 45-acre tropical paradise after discovering it by chance on a family holiday.
He said: "Like everything else in my life, it wasn't planned, it just kind of happened. After I had done the first 'Pirates' movie I went on vacation to escape with my kiddies and my girl and someone said there was an island down the road for sale. I looked at it, I walked on it and I was done.
So I immediately called my business manager and said 'Please!' And that was it." The 46-year-old star loves spending time on the "perfect" island because it allows him and his family to hide away from the pressures of living in the public eye.
He explained to Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "It came at the perfect moment. The island provides me with somewhere I can go where no one is looking at me or pointing a camera or a finger at me.
When we're there we do absolutely nothing. My kiddies don't have any toys there and they build little houses out of shells."

0 comments:

Post a Comment